A key element to the Phase 1 development at the EZ is to ensure that the surrounding highways are tough enough to cope with the increase in traffic that new development will bring to the area.
- A new eastern access road will be built to improve access to and from the existing EZ site, linking Amy Johnson Way with Common Edge Road, improving the traffic flow around the existing business park and alleviating congestion on neighbouring roads.
- Enable currently land-locked parcels of land to be accessed and made available for development.
- Expanding the capacity of Common Edge Road to reduce traffic waiting times for vehicles in and out of the EZ, as well as those travelling in the local area.
- Improvements will be made to the entrance of Division Lane from Common Edge Road, providing access to the new sports facilities.
- The highways improvements have been subject to collaborative discussion between the Council’s Highways and Enterprise Zone teams, as well as Lancashire County Council.